Friday, December 26, 2008

WHAT?!


Well, over the last few days, I have managed to gather up enough Emblems of Heroism for a nice epic shield, which I am really excited about. It was the first piece of "Emblem" gear that I was looking to get, and now I will probably save up for the T7 chestpiece, which is a whopping 80 Emblems. I would go for the gloves, but I got some great spell crit gloves from Heroic Nexus. Yesterday I ran Nexus again, but lost the roll on the epic mace to a balance druid that claimed to be resto for his main spec. It hurt a little, but it IS just gear, and what is the use of arguing with the guy over some in-game mace that I can just get the next time I run it with my guidies? It's not worth it, and congrats to the guy that got it.

I have broken over 1400 healing, which I have heard is what you need to start doing Naxx 10. There was a group going yesterday evening, looking for a healer and some DPS. I had a Ret pally and my frost mage friend in a group already, and asked the guy if he wanted us to join in and help out. I know this guy, not in real life, but from my very first Karazhan run, in which he, as a holy pally with exceptional gear and a great attitude, lead a PuG we had to a full clear, all 11 bosses, only wiping twice. It was a great experience, and I really had a lot of respect for this player. But yesterday, he saw that I was friends with another player in the game, and apparently had some "major issues" with that player from a real life situation, and flat out told me that I couldn't come because of my association with this person.

Now, was a really bummed out about not being able to get into Naxx? I'll admit I was, it would have been great. But the part that got me is why. Apparently, because I know this person in a GAME, and he did something to this guy in real life, I am just as bad of a person. He was judging me because of this, which I just couldn't believe. I don't know this other player outside of the game. I don't know ANYTHING about this apparent situation. And yet, this guy wouldn't have anything to do with except for trash talking me and calling me out. Needless to say, the respect I once had for him as a player is now gone.

This is a game. Keep your real life issues where they should be: in real life. There is no place for this high school bullshit in this game.

Personally, no love lost here. I won't be grouping with the guy, and I am damn sure he doesn't want to group with me. And, like I said, missing out on Naxx was a bummer. But the way it happened is what really got me. It does, however, make you appreciate the good people you have met in-game, and the friends you have made through it. Keep those people around, because there just might be an ass-hat waiting around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss of the mace. I knew that kind of crap would happen when they introduced Spell Power. However I have heard horror stories of Priest Healers out-rolling DPS-casters on Spell Power gear with +hit.

    It does make it easier for us to get gear, but in a game where everyone wants their shiny purples, it almost turns everyone into a hunter.

    ReplyDelete