Monday, December 29, 2008

W.A.T.W?


Where.
Are.
The.
Warlocks?

I have to be honest, I have never been fond of playing one. My highest one is 20, and its an alt on a different realm than my main server.

But honestly....have they all died out? I can't tell you the last time I grouped with one...it was definitely before the expansion. My friend played a warlock at 70 and even got into some 25 man raiding with it after the "lolpatch" nerf. But, after getting it to 73, he's essentially done with it, and leveling a DK through Outland. I had one in my Naxx group last night for about 3 minutes, but he left after he realized we weren't going to be raiding for 4+ hours.

Is something wrong with the class? Last I knew (which wasn't much), they were getting this cool new Metamorphosis spell that turns them into a demon! And now...when I do a /who warlock when I log in at night, I get maybe 10 results. Maybe it's just because my server is low pop, but I dunno.

Anyone else experiencing this? What's the reason?

2 comments:

  1. I'm noticing the same Lock shortage on my server as well. But ya know, I don't miss 'em. I don't need someone using lifetap on themself when they're already taking damage. Unnecessarily hard healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I second the "Life-Tap" comment. One of the main reasons I disliked grouping with Locks, even though Soulstone was nice, you know, when they remembered to put it up.

    I, like you, never really got into playing Locks, but my husband is really knowledgeable on the topic. From what I understand Metamorphosis is pretty much useless except in PvP and even then its not all that.

    I have grouped with very few locks, but what I really notice a lack of is mages! Where have all the mages gone? I miss mana biscuits and portals... and that nice little Intellect buff. Not to mention they now get the Focus Mind buff, which is really nice for Holy Pallies.

    I think when Locks got buffed in BC, all the mages re-rolled as locks, and now that DKs are whats at the top of the meters, perhaps thats where they've all gone.

    Sad really.

    ReplyDelete