Friday, December 19, 2008

This Guy . . .



Well, back under a snowstorm again up here in NH! And more coming on Sunday, too. But, that means more time for WoW as I am essentially snowed into my house because of the road situation.

I ran heroic VH last night. It was my first heroic, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how well my paladin held up in the healing department. We cleared the Core Hound boss first, but then wiped on the ridiculous Void boss. I guess he "Void Shifts" people, making them have to kill some adds before the 15 second debuff expires. This didn't happen to me, because I bubbled when I first got the DoT that precedes it, but our DPS just didn't kill the adds quickly enough while they were Shifted. But, we cleared back through the portals again, and ended up downing him the second time. LOTS of AoE healing would have helped for that fight, but we pallys aren't great at that, even though we are definitely better than we used to be. It was tough, and I consider it one of the best healing jobs I have done in a while. Cyanigosa was easy enough, and I completed my first Wrath heroic, with the Defenseless achievement to boot.

Hopefully I'll get to do some more heroics tonight and tomorrow while I stay inside, away from the snow. Has anyone else done the Zuramat fight in Heroic VH?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, also encountered him today for the first time.

    We wiped on the first attempt, second attempt I was calling out who was shifted (lots of special effects makes it hard to tell) and we found it pretty easy. Shadow Aura helps somewhat. Third attempt (after a DK's ghoul creation bugged out my attempts to rez further down the track) we found to again be very easy. Can't wait till we are all Naxx+ geared and can go for the achievement related to that guy.

    ReplyDelete