Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maces, Bears, and Icecrown


Well, I had my last final today at 1pm, and am not heading back home until tomorrow afternoon, so I got some great WoW time in this afternoon.

I spent a couple of hours questing in Icecrown today, and I have to say, the zone is AMAZING. The quests are great, the lore is awesome, I really like the phasing, and I upgraded two of my gear pieces with new blues. Gotta love it.

Last night, I was in a group to kill all of the Horde leaders, and we downed the Silvermoon guy (can't remember his name), then Cairne Bloodhoof, and then Thrall. All three went down without a hitch, but needless to say by the time we got to Undercity the Horde (who outnumber us about 3 to 1 on the server) had built up an ample defense. Luckily, this afternoon, my group reformed and we downed Sylvanas with a little luck. She's a toughie, ya know. BUT! We got our letter from King Wrynn, got the achievement, and I am definitely enjoying my new mount!

And finally, my guildies and I hit up Culling of Stratholme. I was excited to see this place, and while I did enjoy it, I wasn't really blown away. There is a lot going on, and it was nice to see Stratholme before it got utterly destroyed. I do have to say, though, that Arthas just bugged me. Yeah, we know he kills innocent people, blah, blah, blah. But, the way he performed in the instance was ridiculous. He even died at one point, then after we got him to respawn (after fighting back to where he died), he kept aggroing all of the little skeletons and wouldn't keep walking forward so we could kill Malganis. Just ridiculous. Something has to be done about this guys AI. And, we did clear the instance, get the achievement, and I got a brand new mace, and slapped on the 50 spellpower enchant.

I also dinged 78! Now I can start running the 80 level dungeons for reputation and can start looking at reputation rewards from the various factions. I really liked what little taste I got of the championing system too. I'm working on the Wyrmrest Accord, simply because they have a great mace and a nice head enchant for healers. While I have been favoring Crit rating over mana per 5 so far, its hard to argue with that combination of rewards from one faction. And of course, you have to consider the Red Drake for reaching exalted. I don't have epic flying yet, but I am working hard toward it, and expect to reach the 5000g mark within the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment