Sunday, December 14, 2008

Charged Up...


I finally got out of my college yesterday and made it home. The normally 45 minute drive took me well over an hour because of the iced over trees and debris in the roads. But, I made it, and I'm here for nearly 5 week of vacation. However, I still didn't have power at home! My house hovered around 48-50 degrees, I slept with 3 comforters, and went to bed at a ridiculous 9:30 simply because there was nothing to do in the darkness of the night. Crazy.

But, I went to work today, and shortly after my dad informed me via text message that power had come back to our neighborhood. I hit 79 on Friday, and was bummed out when I couldn't push for 80 when I got home yesterday.

So now I am going to go enjoy some homemade apple pie and some Patriots football, then go for 80! Hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the weekend....anyone else caught up in this mess in the northeast?

No comments:

Post a Comment