Friday, April 10, 2009

My "Elevator Pitch"

Well, it seems to be the "thing to do."  The 31 days to a better blog challenge is working it's way around the blogosphere, and it seems only natural for me to join the party.

Except, I'm not doing it just because others are.  I like writing, and to write about the game which I enjoy most is great.  I am getting more visitors, and would like to really improve this blog as much as I can, both for you readers and for myself.

So, here is my "30 second, 'dis is what I got for ya, read it and wheep Elevator pitch" for Beacon of Light:

Essentially, this is the musings of my time in Azeroth.  I've played a Holy Paladin since early 2007, when I reached level 35 and said "screw protection, I am trying something new."  Yes, I leveled from 35 to 70, then 80 as holy, and it was a damn fun ride.

Here you will find my experiences, opinions, and rants about how the World of Warcraft works and evolves.  I am mainly a casual (what does THAT mean?) raider, but as you can see from my previous posts I like to explore and dabble in other things, which I am not so good at.  PvP, Raid Bosses, Healing tips, add-on questions, strategies, and even a little bit about a certain Hunter alt.  All of that will be here, hopefully in a readable, interesting way.

I don't theorycraft, and you won't see me analyzing a piece of gear for min/max purposes and things like that.  Other people do and will do that much better than I ever could.

I write about how I enjoy (and sometimes don't enjoy) the game.  I'll never forget my first time in Deadmines, with my level 37 hunter friend (in RL) and his level 40 warrior buddy running my through.  I'll never forget re-rolling to my paladin with said hunter friend (who rolled a mage) and being so damn happy to be able to wear mail armor.  The Paladin and Mage that were rolled are now our mains, and with another RL friend playing an 80 warlock and a brother with an 80 warrior, we make a damn good team and always have a blast doing whatever it is we do.

Nor will I EVER forget the first time (at level 28) that I ran into horde territory with said friend warlock.  He was level 20 and had to hit the Barrens for his Sucubus.  We were scared sh**less, but amazed by this area we had never seen.  That moment, I think, hooked me into the game.

It is these kinds of stories and musings that you will find here.  For me, the game isn't about numbers, but about the experiences with friends (real life or in game), good or bad.  That is what makes the game interesting and dynamic, and I hope to convey that as I continue to try and blog about Azeroth and my time in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment