Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stepping Down

I have decided to remove myself from the Raid Leader position of my guild, after an incident that occurred the other night. I had scheduled a Vault run, which would get badges for people while also getting a couple of our 80s some T7 stuff that would help them gear up a little. But, my GM (our MT) pulled himself and 2 of our DPS into a Naxx pug that not everyone could go to. So my scheduled Vault run was effectively ignored. Why am I raid leader? I'm not going to be if my scheduled events are going to be ignored like that. The officers of my guild subsequently decided (without my input) that there was a need for 2 raid leaders to discuss and schedule things. The new RL actually has more experience with the current content than I do, which is great.

Needless to say, after this little situation, I stepped down. I still like the guild, and want to give it a chance as a simple raider and regular member. I will leave the inner workings to someone else who feels like dealing with all of the crap that comes with it.

No new gear updates or anything like that, with the exception of the fact that I am now saving Emblems for a trinket, because the green quest reward I have had since 74 needs to be replaced. Quickly. Anyone have any ideas for trinkets that are out there? I have a blue one from the early icecrown quests, but that is all I have been able to find.

2 comments:

  1. What sort of trinket are you after?
    Crit + mana/sp/haste
    SP + sp/haste
    Mp5 + sp/mana?

    I think trinkets now are more flexible than BC, and particularly for healing, we can customise for shoring up our shortcomings, or tailoring for particular fights.

    I'm hoping the blue one is the Cannoneer's Fuselighter. For a holy pally it is simply amazing for a quest reward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely it is Cannoneer's Fuselighter! It is great, and I like it.

    I need another one, however, because I am using a green quest reward (which isn't TERRIBLE, but it certainly isn't up the standards of my other gear.)

    My guild does Sartharion again tonight, so maybe the caster trinket will drop there. If not, I will just be saving up my badges/hoping for a drop somewhere. It will come eventually, I just need to look on wowhead to see which heroics drop them.

    ReplyDelete