Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to School

Well, I am back at my college today, getting ready to start the new semester and everything. Such a blast.

Game wise, my guild did go into Naxx a few days ago, and we cleared the Arachnid Quarter. Some quick reflexes by our two tanks trading taunts helped us get by Maexxna. No good pally loot from any of the three bosses, but our resident priest healer picked up a couple of good cloth pieces.

We did attempt Patchwerk a few times. First time, not nearly enough DPS. Second time, a littler closer. Third time, somehow our MT didn't know about the enrage at 5%, and proceeded to flip out about the "bugged encounter" and how he enraged earlier the DBM was saying he was going to. Needless to say, that was the closest we got.

It seems the last 5% shouldn't be too bad if the tank uses Shield Wall/Last Stand, but we couldn't get it to work. Who knows what was going on.

That fight seems to be made for holy paladins to heal. The OT was taking more damage (lesser gear and lesser HP, and the hateful strikes come quick), so I healed him with Beacon on the MT, and the other paladin did the opposite. It worked out pretty well, as the tanks stayed alive. I had no mana issues, using Divine Plea on every cooldown (which you really should do in every boss fight) and having mana pots to back me once per fight. A ret pally with Replenishment never hurts either.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd recommend having your better geared (if you have one) tank and or holy pally for the hateful strikes. Patches normal attacks are chicken feed in comparison and a priest or doodad could almost keep them up with HoTs.

    Don't forget to keep the beacon and the judgement of light on Patches as much as possible. I found it a really good fight to learn my new tools and the sort of stable rotation I can fit everything into. Oh yeah, don't forget the holy shield, esp. on whoever is MT, as the attacks are smaller but more frequent. FoL spam with the extra 50% crit makes it quite easy.

    Will write about the trinkets as soon as I get a free moment.

    ReplyDelete